Unique, Hand Crafted Sites
I create hand-crafted websites. Each one is a unique creation built upon best practises and web standards.
I have worked on a wide range of projects and for a wide range of audiences. I love a challenge, even if it means I must figure out quadratic equations, construct an intuitive interface, or develop a web application.
Web standards provide the building blocks or structure necessary to make an easy to use site, the purpose makes the site great.
Great sites have Purpose
After making sites of all styles and content, I realized there is something easy and simple you can do to make a great site:
- Learn about the people using the site.
- Know what the site should do to make those people happy.
- To accomplish its purpose (Sell something, provide knowledge, etc.), the site should be easy for everyone to use.
The key to being a good designer is understanding the parameters of the platform on which you are designing. Understanding the defaults inherent in operating systems and browsers, as well as a solid understanding of the boundaries of programming languages helps me achieve solid interface design.
Here are some of skills:
- HTML, HTML5, XML
- CSS, CSS3 and pre-processors Less and Sass
- Composer, NPM, Gulp
- Bash, shell scripts, terminal
- Running Linux based web-servers
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash, and more
- MySQL, Access, and other database platforms
- Windows, Linux, and iOS
- Web Application Development
Mobile Support & Web Apps
All the sites and applications I create work across all devices. Mobile support is key and each site is fully tested on major phone brands.
Avoid the hassle and expense of a separate app. A properly designed website on a mobile device can provide the same functionality as an app.
Is it time for a redesign? Do you have a site that does not work on phones and iPads?
Need your website to do more? I can help, ask me how.