Recommendations for Ethical Digital Solutions
- Do not force people to register in order to use your site
- Allow people to register with their email address if they wish to receive bulletins
- Do not share a user's email address with another company without the user's explicit permission for each company with which you wish to share the email address.
- Whenever you send an email message to people, explain to them how you obtained their email addresses and how they can get it off your mailing list
- Do not make your log files publicly accessible
- Delete your log files when they are no longer needed
- If your log files must be kept for extended periods of time, remove personally identifiable Information from them
- Encrypt your log files if possible
- Do not give out personal information regarding your people.
- Tell people about your policy on your home page, and allow your company to be audited by outsiders if there are questions regarding your policies.